Next Show: April 20th & 21st, 2018



Home i Event Info i Tickets i Classes i Vendors i FAQ's

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Washi Tape Cabinet Organizer

 


I seriously love finding old things at the DI. It's starting to become an obsession! A few weeks ago, I found this little old spice cabinet there. It was seriously falling apart and had an old, ugly wood finish to it. But, I knew I could give it a coat of paint and it would be perfect in my office/craft space for some of the little things I have laying around. 

All I needed to do was clean it up, get some new nails, and then give it a few good coats of spray paint. I love using Valspar Spray Paint because it has the paint and primer in one! The yellow works with the colors I am doing to makeover my room. 

Once it was painted and I had gone over it again with some sandpaper, to age it a little, I wanted to add some fun to the back of the cabinet. I found this beautiful duct tape by Die Cuts With A View. It has a ton of uses, including using it on furniture. Love!!!! This pattern is a gray damask and matched well. It was easy to measure, the back of the trim has a grid, and they went on easily. The trim is also removable if I ever change my mind about it. 


For the knobs, which were missing when I picked this up, I used some of my Grandma's old costume jewelry. I found this pair of wooden earrings. It makes this project even more meaningful to use something of hers. 

Then, it was time to add my washi tape and glitter. The little shelves hold the Washi Tape perfectly and the little bottles of glitter. Now, I don't have to worry about losing them! And maybe it will keep me from buying more!






No comments:

Post a Comment