Next Show: April 20th & 21st, 2018



Home i Event Info i Tickets i Classes i Vendors i FAQ's

Monday, May 20, 2013

Summer Garden Card

Blue skies and bright flowers… (DCWV Summer Garden 6x12 stack, Imaginisce hot rocks)
Hello my fabulous friends!

Who's ready for some blue skies and bright flowers?  I know I am!

So...

I'm totally LOVING the bright, happy colors and bold designs of DCWV Summer Garden Stack! And the 6x12 size is great for cards, die cutting, and borders on scrapbook pages! (and it is double sided! BONUS!)

These fabulous little gems are hot rocks from imaginisce.  They are hot fix, so when you heat them with the i.rock heat tool, the glue melts, and permanently sticks them to paper OR fabric!  How fun, huh! 

*note to self... must find some clothes or furniture to gem-ify!  Maybe my niece will let me sparkle up one (or more) of her shirts....*


A little floating magic going on here. I cut apart the top flap of the card and inserted a strip of clear plastic. This made a nice little window.  "Thanks" is actually stamped inside the card. This is just a fun way to change things up a bit. The thin strips of contrasting paper not only act as a fun edging, they also hide the glue lines. 


This fun flower was made using Spellbinder's "Rose Creations" die. I die cut layers of fabric, netting, and DCWV Summer Garden paper and did a bunch of stacking for a flower 'blooming' with texture.  I love that the paper is double sided, so when it folds over, a coordinating design shows. Fabulous!

Enjoy!

Supplies Used:
Paper: DCWV Supper Garden 6x12 stack, white card stock
Ink: Distress ink, VersaMark
Stamp: My Mind's Eye "Tickled Pink"
Die: Spellbinders "Rose Creation"
Other: fabric, brad, Imaginisce hot rocks, clear plastic 


No comments:

Post a Comment