Next Show: April 20th & 21st, 2018



Home i Event Info i Tickets i Classes i Vendors i FAQ's

Monday, October 28, 2013

Fun Halloween Layout + Sketch

 I love Halloween. I love the magical feel and the suspense-fulness of energy charged moments. What a fun holiday! So of course I have fun photos to scrap and NO shortage of fun papers and products to scrap them with. Today's layout is based on sketch #288 from Nuts About sketches and I used DCWV's Spooky Time stack:


This sketch is great for a layout that has a lot of journaling to go with it. Since I didn't have quite so much journaling to go with the pictures I had, I decided to add layers of patterned paper and the Spooky Time stack had so many fun patterns to pick from!


Here you can see the layers. I distressed them with scissors, regular hand squishing and then inked them after flattening them out. After I got all my pp layers attached where I wanted them I added splashes of black & red spray and then spritzed a little white shimmer too.


When that is dry you can move onto your photos and embellishments. I cut my title out of one of the pp's in the stack, the same paper I cut the Scary banner from. It also had other fun designs that would be great for embellishment or journaling spots.


I added a fun mix of embellishments. Next I did my journaling. I was a little worried about how my pen would write over my ink drips, but it did just fine.

 The very last thing I did was add some red eye glam rocks to a few of the skulls. Perfect!
Thanks, Ange.

No comments:

Post a Comment