Next Show: April 20th & 21st, 2018



Home i Event Info i Tickets i Classes i Vendors i FAQ's

Monday, February 17, 2014

Look What's NEW at Basic Grey!

Hello! Ange here today. Are you getting excited for the expo? I sure am! I can't wait to go play, hang with some good friends and shop some great deals!!
Have you seen the new Highline from Basic Grey? I fell in LOVE when I saw it. Such a pretty line! I'm not a big fan of pink, but all the orange and color change in this line is so awesome! (It makes the pink ok lol)
As I was thumbing through my pictures, I saw these pics of my daughter at a dance competition and thought dark backgrounds with light pink outfits, perfect!


I know these photos aren't the best. The lighting on the stage was really bad, harsh in some spots and way too dark in others, but I managed to get some photos that were not blurry and I love how you can see my daughter's pretty form. (She's front and center) Of course I had to use the photos and I found a sketch that had super tiny photos on it over at My Scraps & More, so I went for it.


The main draw for me was the design across the bottom. I loved the arrows leading the eye across the page and photos, so I used the fun Love This arrow sticker and then cut some chevrons out of some cute pink pattern paper to draw the eye. That hexagon sticker was just too perfect and it is a great way to focus the eye on my title. For the title I layered the black and pink alphas. Did you see all the alphas you get with this line?! Awesome!!


The banner here was hanging at the festival and I took a picture of it to use on my page. I used one of the border stickers across the top, but since it is a true 12x12 I had to cut it to make it longer and fit end to end at this angle. I just hid the cut behind this fun pink heart. I tried to stick with the light pink embellishments because it looks so awesome against the darker background of the page.

  I really love this line from Basic Grey and can't wait to dive in again!!
Thanks, Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment