Next Show: April 20th & 21st, 2018



Home i Event Info i Tickets i Classes i Vendors i FAQ's

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

DCWV Pop-Up Card

Hello my crafty friends!

I was asked to be a guest teacher for a local scout troop. I was only in scouts for a few weeks when I was younger, so I'm not too sure what to expect. However, I know at least half of the girls, so it should be fun.

As part of their project, I want to teach them how to make simple pop-up cards.

Here is the sample I'm going to take...
I used the DCWV "Crafty Christmas" stack. I love that it is printed on kraft paper!!! It is such a fun twist on the traditional printed card stock!

I dyed crinkle ribbon using Distress Ink to match the red of the card.  I also attached a little type charm to the bow using a safety pin. I love the little bit of movement it adds to the card.

And for the inside, I cut out some of the images from other papers in that stack. 

I love the dimension the pop up gives it!

Hopefully the girls will like learning the pop-up cards... I know I think they are fun!

Enjoy!

Supplies Used:
Paper: DCWV "Crafty Christmas" stack
Ink: Distress ink
Stamps: Basic Grey "Winterland", Autumn Leaves "Messy Dates"
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Circles", Spellbinders "Labels 18"
Other: Tim Holtz type charm, jump ring, safety pin, crinkle ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment